The church was built first as Pilhamns chapel in the underlying timber. Later, the Church wa later faced with standing panel and changed its name to Ingarö church. At the Church is a church bridge. The priest Samuel Ödman who was a disciple of Carl Linnaeus in the 1700s was out fishing in a boat. The priest fell asleep and dreamed of a church in the parish. Samuel woke up when the boat ran aground. Here should the church be built. So he persuaded the Count of Beatelund Beat Cederström Anders close to cover such a building. The church, chapel, was completed in 1792.