Ansgar chapel

Read More·
DRAG IMAGE - ZOOM=SHIFT/CTRL
View more 360 Panoramas

Ansgar chapel

In 1834, a thousand years after Ansgar visited the island, the so called "Ansgar Cross" was erected at Borgberget, and a hundred years later the "Ansgar Chapel" was built just east of the village. The reduced chapel is built in sandstone and has a choir, a nave, and a tower. During services, three large gates are opened to allow for an open-air sermon. The chapel is richly adorned with paintings and sculptures by several well-known Swedish artists.[1]

project: 
  VR Photo © Jonas Carlson